2020 UONGOZI Leadership Essay Contest For Africans.
UONGOZI Institute is pleased to announce this year’s Leadership Essay Competition, the eighth since inception (2013). Similar to previous years, this year’s topic aims to solicit thoughts on the theme of the African Leadership Forum (ALF). The essays should respond to the following question:
If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in the Continent?
The Leadership Essay Competition is organized annually by UONGOZI Institute to provide a space for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership and sustainable development.
Application Deadline: 10th July 2020 at 17:00 hours (EAT).
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: 5. A total of five winners will be selected.
Value of Program: A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner.
- Applicants must be African citizens between the age of 18-25 currently residing in Africa.
- All essays must be typed.
- The essays should be no more than 2 A4 pages long.
- The format shall be of single-spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
- Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language, and appropriateness to contest theme.
- All essays must be written in English.
- Essays should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants must also submit a written Statement of Originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.
- The final deadline for submission will be Friday, 10 July 2020 at 17:00 hours (EAT). The winners will be notified via email on the third week of July 2020. Feedback will not be provided on individual essays.
Visit The Contest Webpage For More Information