2020 Vienna University of Technology Ph.D. Positions in Austria.
The Vienna University of Technology is currently accepting applications for its Ph.D. Position in Structural and Algorithmic Aspects of Preference-based Problems in Social Choice. The position is open for the academic session 2020/2021.
The Ph.D. program is available for the WWTF research project (Vienna Science and Technology Fund). The project topics include voting, structured preferences, stable matching with a focus on parameterized and approximation algorithm design.
Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien) is a well-renowned university located in Austria that has received extensive recognition in teaching as well as in research. It offers funding opportunities for young researchers to advance their independent scientific careers.
Why would you like to become a part of TU Wien? The university provides various courses that focused on engineering, computer science, and natural sciences. It also has advanced facilities, well-qualified lecturers, and a welcoming environment for students from around the world.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
- University or Organization: TU Wien
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 1,599,620
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Austria
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about nationality, please directly contact the employer.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Ph.D. program in Structural and Algorithmic Aspects of Preference-based Problems in Social Choice.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants with a solid background in areas such as algorithm design (including BUT NOT LIMITED to parameterized algorithms and approximation algorithms), computational complexity, and/or discrete mathematics are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To grasp this wonderful opportunity, candidates must send their application directly to Jiehua Chen: ta.ca.neiwut-at-nehc.auheij.
- Supporting Documents: Send your application including an academic CV, a motivation letter, including an explanation of your research interests, and a list of subjects studied, giving sufficient details and grades/marks obtained.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have completed their Master’s thesis.
- Language Requirement: Must have good communication and English writing skills.
The TU Wien will provide the following benefits:
- The Ph.D. position entails an employment contract for the initial period of 3 years with a funding volume: € 1,599,620.
- The position is available immediately and the starting date is quite flexible.
- A department that offers top research expertise, and a stimulating and supportive environment.