Innovators’ Summer Start-Up Scholarships at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand
With the purpose of providing financial support to the well-qualified candidates, the University of Canterbury is offering Innovators’ Summer Start-Up Scholarships for international students to study in New Zealand. The scholarships are open for the academic year 2020-2021.
The scholarships are available for those brightest candidates who will commence in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework at the university. The awards will provide financial support for your tuition fee.
University of Canterbury
The University of Canterbury is well-known for being the second-oldest institution in New Zealand. It offers degrees in Arts, Commerce, Engineering, Fine Arts, Forestry, Health Sciences, and Law. This ranks 146th in Arts & Humanities, 161st in Engineering & This, 211st in Natural Sciences, and 94th in Management and Social Sciences.
- The applicant must be enrolled full-time or part-time at the University of Canterbury at the time of application.
- Applicants who are international students are required to hold a New Zealand Student Visa valid throughout the summer break that begins in the application year.
- The applicant must complete the entrance-level certification at the university that enables admission into an undergraduate degree program at the University of Canterbury.
- Applicants must have been admitted to the university before the closing date.
Eligible Courses and Subjects
The scholarships are available for studying the undergraduate and graduate degree coursework in the following subject areas:
- Creative Intelligence and Innovation
- Design Architecture and Building
- Information Technology
- International Studies
Why Study at the University of Canterbury?
The University of Canterbury helps you combine education with paid jobs experience in a career-related field. You can explore the top-class learning atmosphere, inspiring campuses and vibrant student life as part of this university. The university offers several lucrative courses and programs that help students reach their career goals.
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarships will be awarded as follow:
- Each winning candidate will get the amount worth up to $5,000.
- The scholarship will last for ten weeks and must be taken up during the summer break that begins at Application year.
- The scholarship will be awarded by the University Council, on the recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentship, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Candidates are required to apply their application for enrolment in an undergraduate and postgraduate degree program at the University of Canterbury. Be sure that the deadlines for submission are met and that you review the eligibility requirements of your choice for study programmes, before completing the application form.
You need to create a myUC account and fill in a new application to get started. Your request must include personal information, academic history and the research you plan to do.
Step 2: Apply for a scholarship
You will obtain the notice of award after you have taken admission. When you have issued your Notice of Award, you will be able to apply for the scholarship through the available link below.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate
- Transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- You are expected to review any individual course you plan on learning to ensure that you meet pre-requisite or co-required requirements.
- You have to be able to use, and understand, written and spoken English.
- You can also find out other University entry requirements.
- Candidates are expected to retain their Undergraduate Certificate to earn the postgraduate degree.
- For an undergraduate degree, candidates are needed to hold a high school certificate.
Whether you’re a citizen from overseas and come to New Zealand to study for more than three months, you’ll need a student visa. UC is recommending you obtain a student visa from Immigration New Zealand before you fly to New Zealand. To apply for a student visa, you must enrol in a full-time course. You cannot move on to a part-time course until you have approved your visa.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2020
Contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 369 3999
University location: Private Bag 4800 Christchurch 8140