International PhD Position in Food Science and Food Chemistry, Ireland
Intending to support the education of students in Ireland, the University College Dublin is announcing the PhD Position in Food Science and Food Chemistry for the session 2020/21.
The educational programme will provide a full tuition fee waiver plus a stipend for outstanding students who want to pursue a PhD degree programme at the university.
Founded in 1854, University College Dublin is one of Europe’s leading research-intensive universities. It is a research university and known as the second-highest ranked Irish university.
Why study at University College Dublin? By joining this UCD, students will acquire skills and knowledge from a degree program which can facilitate their career progression.
Application Deadline: September 7, 2020
- University or Organization: University College Dublin
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full tuition fee waiver plus a stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: European and non-European students
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Food Science and Food Chemistry
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- BA/BSc minimum 2.1 honours level degree in chemistry, biochemistry or related field.
- MA/MSc in chemistry, biochemistry, food chemistry or related disciplines.
- Experience in research design or data analysis (Excel and SPSS).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent English writing skills.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the position, candidates must take admission in a PhD degree at the university and send the following documents to marco.garciavaquero-at-ucd.ie
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a detailed CV, letter of motivation (max two pages, single-spaced), transcripts and two letters of recommendation.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must meet all entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language requirements in order to be able to study at the university.
The University College Dublin will provide full tuition fee waiver and a PhD stipend of €18,000 per annum to the winning candidates.