STEM Challenge to Help Solve Global Plastic Problem BIEA University
The ‘British International Education Association (BIEA) University STEM Challenge ’ will help young inventors and designers get started on their entrepreneurial career.
BIEA is looking for ambitious, creative, curiosity-driven people with a passion for solving problems and making a difference who are role models of entrepreneurship for future generations.
BIEA knows that the world has a plastic problem. Our oceans and lands have become polluted with our carelessly discarded plastic waste that will take 1000s of years to decompose on land, whilst the plastic in the oceans break up into toxins. Our plastic waste is now causing chemical pollution in our seas.
Can you or your team come up with ideas and solutions that can help reduce the plastic waste and STEM the Tide of Plastic Pollution?
The proposed technology/service can be an innovation or invention in engineering and/or technology. Engineering is defined broadly, including, but not limited to software, design, energy, cleantech, materials and medical devices.
You should have identified a viable and commercial business proposition with a market opportunity.
You must submit the following as your competition entry:
- An executive summary report of your innovation/business idea, no more than 500 words.
- A pitch deck presentation of your idea/research project (maximum 30 slides).
- A short video of your presentation of your project, no more than 10 minutes.Prize Information
- There will be one grand prize winner or winning team.
- A cash prize of £1000 (GBP).
- The opportunity to take part in iSTEM ambassador training course and become a certified BIEA iSTEM ambassador with support/guidance from leading UK STEM experts from Royal Institution, British Council, Engineering UK etc.Entry Requirements
- You can enter individually or as a team of up to 5.
- The age of your team/ you must be aged between 18-21 years old.
- You must be studying for a degree (or equivalent) qualification.
- Entry into the Competition is free.
- The winner will be announced on 15 August.Apply by 31st July.