Tips on applying for successful scholarships, this piece of writing, we would put you on successful tips on applying for scholarships, patiently take time to pursue and apply accordingly:
READ THE CRITERIA
- Maintain a high-grade point average (GPA). Most scholarships are based on high GPA’s.
- Before you apply, check the scholarship’s criteria and ensure you qualify. Applications from students who do not meet the criteria are often not accepted.
MAKE A STRONG PERSONAL STATEMENT
- Share with the selection committee your personal and professional goals.
- Include a list of your extracurricular activities, such as clubs, sports, volunteer work, and part-time jobs.
- Always include a letter to simply tell the scholarship committee who you are, and why you are the best candidate for the scholarship. Your personal statement is viewed as the equivalent to a face-to-face interview. Take your time to make your commentary clear, concise, and informative as possible.
BE THOROUGH WHEN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
- Proofread your application, ensure there are no mistakes and/ or field left blank.
- Read the application carefully. (You would be surprised at how many submitted applications are incomplete, and are ineligible as a result!)
- Create a word document and copy your answers, comments into your online application. the more professional your application looks, the better your chances of making a good impression.
CHOOSE REFERENCE WITH CARE (letters of recommendation)
- Choose your reference with care. They should be current.
- Use references who have known you for at least six months.
- Advice your reference of what award you are applying for and inform them of the specific criteria of the award so that, if required, they may indicate why you are a suitable candidate. Ask them to address your current attributes and skills.
- Avoid using members of your family, best friends, or roommates.
MEET THE DEADLINES
- Do not wait until the last minute. Give yourself enough time to meet all of the scholarship requirements. Submit your application and all documentation on time. Late applications will not be considered.